tranny T/C

Jerry,
   When I replaced my tranny last summer I put a bottle jack under the
engine and put an engine hoist through the passenger door and wrapped a
chain around the tranny. I lowered the entire unit T-case and all to the
ground. The only problem was when I was reassembling the tranny was;
when I lifted the tranny up from the ground I couldn,t reach the tranny
close enough with the hoist so when I cot the hoist up as far as I could
I wasn't near as hich as I needed to be. I should have blocked the
tranny and re-gripped the chain but I was in a hurry to get done so I
just pulled off the padded dash (that was what I was hitting with the
hoist) and finished the job. I did the entire operation by my self. I
had to finish it with a cast on my right knee because I had surgery
before I could complete the job.

        Dan Nees
cookiedan@domain.elided
Hi my name is Dan, and I'm an IHCaholic. I have a '79 Scout rust heap
running, a '78 parts Scout on blocks, and a '71 Scout dentmobile
running.