T/C and 727 removal

Tom,
Having just pulled my T/C and tranny I would say drain the T/C.  When
you go to separate the the two, it can get messy with fluid draining out
of the T/C.

Joel,
In removing the 727, I put the front wheels on ramps (facing forward)
and dropped the T/C, tranny, and crossmember as one unit.  With a bottle
jack and a 2x4 under the oil pan, I just lowered the tranny down.  With
the Scout on ramps, the tranny just slid out the side, right behind the
spring mount.  I know that the T-all will be different in terms of the
T/C, but dropping the crossmember made it a lot easier (dropping
straight down).

Mark
'75 345, 727 (still waiting to put the tranny back in)