Re: Carberator Help

The black helicopters hovering over the house recorded bard@domain.elided
whispering:

>I am about to rebuild the 2bbl carb on my 1977 V-304. I was hoping for
>some explicit advice and some tech info with diagrams if possible. I
>checked the binder bulletin and did not find what I was looking for. the
>numbers on the carb are: C91  3156  465663   7309A.

IH Part number 465663-C91... standard carb for your engine in that year.

Manufactured 315th day of 1996.  I'll bet your truck was manufactured in
late 1996 or very early 1997?

7309A is the Holley engineering part number for the carb.

>I have a rebuild kit from Giddem up Scout and would like to work this
>out in 24Hr's or less. Thank You for your assistance.

My best advice is to follow the instructions carefully in the kit.  When
you disassemble the carb, make sure you note (and write down if needed)
which slot the accelerator pump arm is in.  There has been some
discrepancies with the kits.  Do not soak any rubber or plastic parts you
want to keep in a dip type carburetor cleaner (like Berryman's B12
Chemtool).  This type of powerful carb cleaner will dissolve these items.
The *best* way to get the carb really clean is to soak overnight in a dip
type carb cleaner, then rinse with very hot water and blow dry with
compressed air.  Reassemble per the instructions.  Take the time to
actually measure the setting they give in the instructions.  After
installing the carb back on the manifold, you must readjust the height of
the divorced automatic choke arm before hooking it back up.  The carb
mounting gasket thickness affects the choke arm setting.  Failure to follow
this simple step can throw off the operation of the automatic choke.

Have fun,

John

jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)