RE: #175, new member, Jacobs ignition

Message text written by  Durangoman
>I was wondering what your experience with the Jacobs ignition was.
I just installed the system, followed all the instructions, gapped my
plugs out .015 over factory, and my Scout runs like shit.  It has less
power and gets about 1-2 mpg less than it did before the Jacobs.  I called
them up and asked them about it, and they told me to gap the plugs another
.005.  But when I told the guy that I had a "1976 International Harvester
Scout"  he replied "Jeep?", so my confidence level with these guys is a
little low.  What is your opinion?<

DurangoMan,
 My experience with the Jacob's Omnipak has been good.  Noticeable increase
in power.   MPG?  I'm not sure whether my mileage is better or not.  I
don't think the problem is with the plug gap, I've tried normal gap and
.055", don't feel much difference.  My guess is something isn't hooked up
right.  You might try playing  with the timing, the Jacob's throws things
off a bit.

  The Jacob's sales people vary.  A couple of them are knowledgeable,  one
of them has a Scout.

Doug