Tranny gurus unite, assistance please!

     I'm planning on dropping the old, tired, slipping 727 out of
the T'all maybe this weekend or next, divorced mounted 205.  I've
been thinking about what's involved and want to make sure I get
all the little tricks.

Correct me if I'm wrong:

Remove:   Tranny cooler lines, 1 in, 1 out.
          Neutral safety start harness and backup trigger harness
          short shaft (intermediate shaft, 1ft to NP205)
          Throttle kickdown
          Shifter Linkage rod from Column shift
          Double bolt crossmember mount
          bellhousing bolts

Placement:  Slide back about 8" to pull input shaft from T
Converter, then aim bell down and forward, slide forward toward
front axle.  Let rear cone down and remove.

     Sound like a plan?  Do I need to loosen the crossmember as
well as the mounting?  Will I have enough room to pull it forward
without pulling front axle?  Will it slide back far enough to
separate input shaft from TConv.?  Does the top of the bell hit
the oil pan on the way out?  Should I drain the sump?  Can I jack
on the pan with a large piece of 3/4" plywood?  How heavy is it?
Will I crush in the pan?  Should I get a new Tconv?  Do they have
a way to check the old one?  The problem is that the tranny slips
and shudders on starts, so I'm guessing it's clutches.  Could it
be a Tconv too?  The talk from the shops (I'm calling like I'm
doing this for someone else from my Uncles' shop) is that it's a
day and like $250 R&R carry-in/carry-out my cost.  What other
little goodies should I do while it's out?

     I plan to have the truck about 2' above ground level on
blocks, and as many jacks and stands as I need.  Sounds like a
winner?

Let me know all,

     Thanks,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.