Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 20:51:06 +0000
From: gehl@domain.elided
Subject: FillMeUp

As to the cheap vs quality UJs, can I assume that the presence
of grease zerks is a good thing, and that I will pay more for these?
 ... mark

------------------------------

Tom,

     My point exactly!  The 196 is plenty to spin the tires, and
if you do that you've exceeded the amount of torque that you can
apply to the road, so who cares if you have 900 ft-lbs of Torque?
 If you can only apply 150 before wheel spin, you only have 150
ft-lbs of usable torque.  The other 750 is tire burner.

     We need to keep in mind that though 196 sounds like a small
motor, how many other 4cyl are: 3.2L?  That's a pretty big four!
Alot of 6's aren't that big.  BTW isn't it about 150 ft-lbs for
the 196?  Still not chump change, I know the 392 is supposedly
like 300 ft-lbs, but it's got 6400# of truck with it.  I actually
got a comment from a guy here at work (drive a Chev xtra-cab
2wd), "That International's pretty fast!".  I wasn't even into it
either!

     Well, I don't think I'd mind the 196, but I'm in no hurry to
switch.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.