Re: TomM T19/D20 Removal

>Regarding the T19/D20 fluids, these units are SO heavy (I forget
>the actual weight ... perhaps 150 lbs for just the T19), the fluid

155lbs for a T19.. 5lbs over UPS's limit.. I checked!

>draining the fluid is still a good idea ... when they dig the T19 out
>of your gut, they won't get confused by "brown blood".  I

I've manhandled a tranny before.. the Isuzu 4spd in my Chevy Luv.  It was
heavy enough, but I was able to rol it onto my chest and "bench press" it
into place.. but it wasn't the most enjoyable experience of my life.

I had a hard time removing the T19 and Dana 20 from the cargo area of my
Scout when I brought it home.. and all I was trying to do was make it a
"controlled drop" (I did have help, BTW).

Lugging that darn thing around the garage is a chore in itself.

Thanks.  I just need to wait a little while for the lift-kit $$$ shock to
wear off and then I'll rent a tranny jack..

-Tom