Re: Air Compressor Intake

>Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 15:41:17 EST
>From: n9ads@domain.elided (Howard R Pletcher)
>Subject: Re: Air Compressor Intake
>
>But let's put a real air compressor in a Scout.  Pull the exhaust valve
>push rods from one bank, replace the 4 spark plugs with check valves >plumb
them all together and we've got 150 cfm at 3000 rpm (or even 299
>cfm if we figure out how to install a second check valve so we can draw

Hmm.. there's been talk on the ORD about "Geby" of TTC fame (built Jeep with
the IH Ag equipment hydraulic ram steering) and his hydraulic ram setup...
he used it for steering and suspension...

I wonder what type of pneumatic motor I could find would do.. kinda like
hooking a big impact wrench up to the center of the wheel hub...

Air powered axles, air powered suspension, and air powered steering... if it
weren't for that big 392 running on half of it's cylinders, I'd have a
pretty nifty "whispler noisy" air powered truck...

Oh, don't forget air brakes...

*smiles*

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
Out-of-box thinking Engineer at large
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 Scout II - P.O.W. 304V8, my stereo, my tire chains and straps...
'77 Scout II - 196, 4.09s, Track-lok, this week a 4" softride, later the
close ratio T19 that *was* for the '72..