Re: Air Compressor Intake

On Sun, 8 Feb 1998, Tom wrote:

>     I would look into putting a large truck canister type air filter
> on it.  That way it could handle the volume and not interfere with the
> carb's filter.  I don't think the regular air filter could efficiently
> clean that volume of air.

I don't think that would be a problem.  Our calculations on the list a
few weeks ago put the flow of the compressor somewhere in the low 20's
cfm at highway speed; the carb on a Scout is gonna be in the
neighborhood of 10-20 times that, or more.  So it's only a fraction of
the filter's capabilities, and I don't think the engine would even
notice the air the compressor takes.

Daniel Youngquist / dany@domain.elided / 541-688-9263 // VISA & MasterCard
*HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS                    http://www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
 Grain mills, water filters, quality simple-lifestyle & outdoors products
*INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE  Computer Memory  http://www.teleport.com/~dany
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
 the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt, 1783