RE: security lug nuts

> I have a major problem. I lost the key for my security locking lug nut.
> I have to get to my brakes to put new pads on the back and to fix a leak
> in the front but I can't get my wheels off with out the key. Does any
> one know of a way to get the lugs off without the key? I can't get a
> pair of vice grips on the lug because of the offset of the rim. Is there
> a place to get a key made or maybe a skeleton key that would remoive any
> style lock lug? I really need to do something.

Dan,

I had this same problem on a ford courier about 16 or so
years ago. (bought the truck with locks on it but no key).

I took it to Discount Tires, and they had some sort of grip-
ping device that they put on their impact wrench which was
able to spin the things right off... I don't remember if they
charged me for the service or not.. If so it wasn't very much.

John Townley
San Diego, CA
65 Scout 80