Re: ballast resistor

Jesse,
You won't need a ballast resistor on a 6V system. The ballast resistor
is used to reduce the current flow on 12V systems. Also many Hi-Perf
coils don't need an external resistor. I found out this the hard way
when my Spitfire would misfire at high RPM. The way you can tell is a
stock coil will have a resistance of 1 ohm between the + and - terminals
and a Hi-Perf coil will measure around 4 ohms.
--
Tom Reed	treed@domain.elided
The Data Center - Database Software Development