Re: theft deterrent and Traveler glass bodies

IH all,

I usually lurk a lot, since I've been too broke to work on
either of my Scouts, but I used to post frequently before
the web page went up.

For anyone thinking of making a trap for thieves, I'm sure
we're all aware that any such device is extremely illegal,
and lethal ones will land you in the Big House.  The
non-lethal ones could get you in civil court, and maybe an
expensive misdemeanor.  I figger we're all just "wishfully
thinking" out loud, but you never can tell who might be
lurking.  You can't even shoot the bastiges to protect your
property.  ...but you might get away with standing in front
of someone trying to steal your Scout, and blow them away if
they come at you.  ;-)  That changes the case from deadly
force to protect property to deadly force in self defense.

Traveler bodies are available in fiberglass from Kentrol.
...but they ain't cheap.  I seem to remember about $4400 for
just the tub two years ago.  ...or was it $2400??  I can't
remember.  At any rate they are a couple of hundred more
than the 100" bodies.

Doug
'78 Traveler
'78 Scout II
(and way too many deadly force briefings during my stint
with the USMC)