Re: Tires and Wheels and Digesters in Hawaii?

I have a 1971 Scout II and was wondering what are the widest tires that
will fit on the stack rims.  I
am looking  at getting new tires and money is a serious consideration some
of the tires I am looking at are:  Goodyear workhorse radial, Yokohama
Superdigger, and Firestone Wilderness.
Has anyone had any experience with any of these tires.  Can anyone
recommend any alternatives?There is very little in the way of rock crawling
here and I have no desire to drive on the beach, my main condition is
getting traction on steep trails with very slick clay/mud that is rather
reminiscent of the bentonite clay in Wyoming.  Also are there any other
digesters  from Hawaii particularly the island of Oahu?  I see Scouts all
over the place so if you are there please stop lurking and contact me.
TIA
Aloha
Charlie McKenna
Waipahu HI