RE:Court (almost offtopic :-)

>Tom,
>
>Seems to me that I read quite awile back that today (2/5)
>was the big court date for your 72??? What gives??? Did
>they postpone you?? Or is my memory failing me??

Your memory is correct, and my GroupWise Notify even reminded me this morning...

But, alas, they removed the trail from "Small Claims" to "Justice" Court
(get to have attorneys) and rescheduled for Feb 19th.. though I fully plan
to stop my court action.

Why?

Well, after removing to Justice, I sought out another attorney, more versed
in this area...

Bingo.  Bonehead has violated the Consumer Protection Act of Montana.. I'm
trying to get some time with the best CPA lawyer in town (who told me what
he violated and how, but doesn't have the time to pursue it at the moment).

Violating the C.P.Act = up to treble damaged and court costs if/when I win..
it also means I stop my current action, and re-file in the NEXT highest court..

So, I'm really hoping to nail this guy now.. I'm beyond "nice".. every turn
I've given him the opportunity to return my truck and money he owes me, and
every time he refuses.. so.. here we are.

Ideally, I'll revoke the suit, let him sit on that for a while, (Oh goodie,
he dropped it!) then re-file in the higher court (District Court)..

With the lift for the '77 on the way, and my realization that there's just
no way I'd have my '72 done by June anyhow, I'm no longer in such a hurry to
get this resolved..

My '72 is parked right in front of his shop.. such that getting anything
in/out of the garage is quite difficult.  He has it on blocks, and I took
the keys and locked the doors.. he couldn't turn the wheel if he wanted to.

Hopefully all of this will come to an end at some point..

*sigh*

This is just like buying a car alarm.. of all the ways to waste my time and
money... Court cases and car alarms are NOT high on my list!

Oh well..

'-Tom
72 Scout II - Prisoner of War
'77 Scout II - it'll have to do for now, 4cyl.. soon 4"