Clunks in the leaf springs

Digesters: (boy that sounds rumanent)

re: All the back an forth about "clunks" in the front end.

First let me say, mine does this too. Always has.

Second, if it really is the leaf springs moving around, there might be a
cure. In my "hot rod" days, I had read that to soften and quite the ride
of a car with a good stiff suspension, you could purchase and install
teflon strips between each spring in the spring pack.

Never tried it but, if that front end "clunk" is truly coming from the
springs shifting, I'm sure it would quite this down by allowing the
springs to move against each other without binding.

Tom Harais
'76 Terra 304/727/20