Roll bars/Diesel alternators

I have a one piece roll bar on my 1980 Scout II.  It's about 3- 3 1/2"
diameter and seems to be powder coated.  It also allows me to use my rear seat
with no trouble and just fits under the headliner with the top on.  The
workmanship is flawless.  I have a brushguard up front (3 piece) that seems to
match.

My question is:  does anyone know if this was a dealer add on?  I have not
found another one like it; especially the diameter.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

1980 Scout II Turbo diesel  (No rust)

Oops, almost forgot, any of you diesel Scouters out there having any
alternator or charging problems?  I just rebuilt my four spare alternators
(new brushes, bearings, oil seal, rectifier, slip rings turned and/or
replaced, stator and rotor cleaned and resealed and cases shotblasted) and
have converted two to a one wire system.  I did them each a little differently
(as an experiment) but they work flawlessly and put out an honest 50 amps
(stock is like 37 amps).  The rebuilds have also solved my "ticking" ammeter
problem.  Never knew those 100w Hella headlights could be so bright....

If anyone is interested I'll share my findings with you and can even convert
yours for you.  I'm passing along my information to Judi at JESCO so that they
can perhaps do the same thing.