Spring bushings

I did my bushings not too long ago.  The quickest way I've found was to blow
through them with an oxy-acetelene torch.  The rubber heated, burned and then
flew (literally) out the other side of the eye after a few moments.  After
that I just skimmed the sleeve with the the flame until it got good and red
and then gave it a blast of O2; cut it clean through.  I was then able to push
the sleeve out with a screwdriver with no effort.

This method was extrememly quick and painless but it WILL smoke and leave
rubber soot on the floor right under your Scout.  No biggie, I just swept it
up when I was done.

I have to do a set on a friends' Scout next.  I think that I'm going to try to
adapt my OTC ball joint press (c-clamp style) to do the job.  It should be
just as quick without all the smoke.