Re: Theft

>>Been thinking... What about getting a fence charger. Used on farms for
>>cattle.  Just hook it to the body.  It would probably just fry the
>things that much easier.  It would even be fun to park in a place you
>probably shouldn't, stay back a discreet distance, and get ready for major
>grin factor.  I like the way you think!!

OK, OK.. now I'm hooked.  I had thought my "silent" motion alarm combined
with a pager and a .45 was the best thing since sliced bread but...

Now I'm thinking it would be awfully nice to take an old tire (I have more
than a few) or some other piece of rubber "fabric", and cut a pattern to fit
the door handle assembly.  You could even make this stylish.

Pull the handle out, put the rubber gasket in place.

Then you just need to insulate the bolts from the door, and the push button
from the actual armatures and such that move and click around to unlatch the
door.

I wonder how hard that would be?

Then hook up the juice!

I think a good 1 Farad capacitor (maybe used as part of your car stereo when
you're driving) would hold a good charge to nail someone with.. naturally,
the juice also "sounds the alarm" on a remote "pager" of sorts..

BUT, the problem:  This only works if the thief wants to come in via the
door.  Granted, even with my Bikini top on, the best way in is through the
door..

But I could see someone climbing over the tailgate to grab something from
the bed.. maybe my toolbox, or a speaker box, or something..

No Zap from the door handle.

If you used a capacitor, you'd also need to respond rather quickly.. it
would only be good for one GOOD zap..

But it sounds easy enough to implement.  Yes, a disconnect would need to be
rigged for when WE want to get in..

Or, you could always touch your keys to the door handle and some point on
the body to discharge it.. just be careful you don't accidentally weld the
keys to the door!

-Tom