Roof Rack power!, bushings, and oil pressure.

IH ALL!

I finally did it.  I took out the radio antenna from the right
front fender of the T'all, and replaced is with a piece of 1/2"
e-z Pull steel conduit.  It runs out of the antenna hole, to the
drip rail, up the pillar, accross the rail to the roof rack clamp
and up and away.  It looks great, and I had to fab some clips to
hold it to the drip rail.  It is contoured to the body and
doesn't hang up in the bushes.  Guards the power lines to the
rack (4 in there) and has the CB/AM/FM antenna lead in it.  Makes
the truck look like Back-To-The-Future with a pipe there.  Smooth
and contoured, looks like factory.  Wish I had a digital camera.

-Joel
'76 Scout II 345/tf727
'75 T'all 150 4wd 392/tf727

Jeremy,

     The spring eye bushings can be removed by drilling a series
of
holes through the rubber around the spring eye.  If you drill a
good number of large holes, you'll be able to 'tear' the rubber
out with a large screwdriver.  The torch usually stinks things up
real good, and does two bad things.  One) it may heat the spring
enough to weaken the eye, and two if the rubber catches on fire,
it'll stink REAL BAD, and it may be difficult to extinguish.  Use
a large C-clamp and a 1.5" to 2" socket on the other side, and
you've made a bushing press.  Good luck,

     -Joel
     '76 Scout II 345/tf727
     '75 T'all 150 4wd 392/tf727