Re: Any and all Traveler and 345 information

Nick Cuskey <ncuskey@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>There is a Traveler a couple hundred miles from me that is for sale and
>I am going to look at it 2/8/98.  I'm a realativly new scouter on the
>sceen (yet to get an IH, but things are looking up), and I need as much
>info on Travelers and the IH 345.  I know absolutly nothing about the
>Travelers and very little about the 345.  What kind of gas milage does
>one get.  Please, write to me with any info on Travelers and 345's.
>Help your fellow Scouters!

Nick,

The Traveler was first introduced in 1976 and is simply a Scout II with 18"
additional inches of length added behind the doors to make a total 118"
wheelbase.  Most of the parts are compatible with a regular 100" wheelbase
Scout II, with the exception of parts that get lengthened for the additional
wheelbase.  Some folks like the Traveler because of the extra cargo room in
the rear.

For information on the V345 engine, try Jim Weed's Tech Tip page at
http://www.off-road.com/~jweed/tech_tip.htm

Have fun,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   | 1976 Scout II Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |     1977 Scout II Traveler (Parts)