Re: Oil Pressure

Richard,
  I had trouble believing my guage as well (4-cyl 152).  I put a
pressure guage directly on the engine where the oil pressure sending
unit screws in, and found that when idling cold, there was much
greater pressure (I guess from the oil being thicker) than I
expected, and as the truck warmed up, the pressure went down to
normal for idle.  When the revs are brought up once it's warm, the
pressure on the guage corresponded to the service manual specs.  You
might try a glycerin filled pressure guage like I did.  I mounted
mine on a "T" with the oil sender so I can have my dash guage as well
as the mechanical guage to peek at if something seems odd.
HTH,
Myron