RE:The cyclindrical rubber in the shackle/spring perch.

	Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 09:18:56 -0700
	From: "Jeremy Jones" <jejones@domain.elided>
	Subject: The cyclindrical rubber in the shackle/spring perch.

	I beleive it is called the eye bushing, ANYWAY. It won't come out!!
one hour later and a couple of bloody knuckles they have not even budged. Do
I need to go get a torch and melt the damn things out?  What have you guys
done to get those things out? I even tried just pounding on the metal sleeve
insert and it would not move! (yes, I have been soaking them)

	TIA

Hey, everyone

I've been lurking here for a while and felt it was time I contributed
something meaningful (well, maybe).  Jeremy, I recently replaced all of my
spring bushings with polyurethane jobs and here's my advice to you-  go buy
a $10 torch and a chisel.  Burn the rubber and pick it out with a flathead
screwdriver first (this part's easy).  What's left is this nasty little
metal sleeve.  Heat the sucker for a minute or two and then pound on it with
the chisel.  It might be easier to get behind it with a screwdriver first to
give yourself a 'lip' that you can pound on.  It will come out eventually
(probably sooner than you think).  Good luck and Happy Scouting!