RE: carb info

> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 14:40:55 -0500 (EST)
> From: William M Wisser <wmw@domain.elided>
> Subject: carb info
>
> Well,
>
> Just after I wrote the last message I found a vendor that had a used carb.
> Has anyone dealt with Coonrod's in CO?  Phil was very helpful, but he
> didn't exactly say that he had it.  He said, sure no problem, it will be
> on the way.  COD and everything - maybe it is too good to be true?

> We'll see.

> Bill Wisser

Bill, I have dealt with Coonrods. I was in need of a temp-
erature gauge for my 65 model 80. On this vehicle, the temp
guage is in a 4 1/2" diameter housing that also contains the
fuel gauge and 2 idiot lights. Phil said he would sell me the
entire housing containing both guages for $20 plus shipping
COD. I asked him if I should expect that these guages should
work. He told me that they were working when they came out
of another scout, but if they didn't, I could send it back.
When I got the unit, I plugged it in, and nothing. I pulled
the housing apart to get at the guages, and it was obvious
that someone else had been in there as well. When I opened
up the guages themselves, the entire inner workings were
fried, and all the wires had been cut. I did not return the
unit, because the outter housing and faceplate was in much
better condition than my original one. So I used my guages
with his housing and faceplate, and ended up making a constant
voltage regulator (thanks, John Landry), and the thing works
perfectly now. Would I go back to Coonrods?? Probably for
certain items.

Good Luck,

John Townley
San Diego, CA