Re: students, stereos, and parts

>On a totally unrelated subject, I was very surprised Sunday night when I
>pulled a speaker out of my '65.  I took it inside and hooked it up to the
>stereo, and it worked!!  Amazing that something 33 years old, stereo
>if it works.  Got me wondering- does anybody still have the original radio
>in their Scout/pickup?  Does it work??

As I've mentioned before, when I got my '72 Scout II *all* it had was the
stock AM radio, with one speaker mounted in the dash.. It worked, and was
the best sounding AM radio I've heard.  I actually ENJOYED listening to it..
particularly when I could find some MUSIC.. I did eventually get tired of
all-Rush, all the Time (along with Michael Reagan and a few others.. very
good information, but I got tired of it) and dropped in my Sony AM/FM/Cass
w/ 10-disc changer.. WORLD of difference.. :-)  It was around that time,
with the top off, that I pulled up to work and my co-workers on the 2nd
floor knew I had pulled up.. (Julie likes SNAP!, and I happened to have it
in the changer.. it's "dance music" with a lot of bass)

*smile*

Wait 'till I put that 8" Solobaric and a 200w amp in my Scout... nothing too
wild, but 'nuff

-Tom