students, stereos, and parts

On Sun, 1 Feb 1998, Mike Bucher wrote:
 <snip>

> Side note, with all of these .edu addresses, how can starving students
> afford the gas for IHCs.  IHCs are rich people hobbies.....or former rich
> people.

Mike--
I don't know about everyone else, but my Scout is not on the road; yet
anyway, so I don't have to worry about gas mileage.  I do have a job,
however, so that is how I finance that ever continuing hobby of parts
into it.  Besides, a little 152 doesn't suck as much gas as a 392, does
it?  You need to realize that not everyone who has a .edu address is
a student, though.  Some of them, at least I assume, are staff at the
universities, such as Steve Stegman, or whoever it is with the
@domain.elided address (right Steve?, or am I guessing wrongly?),
who is at Wash. U. in St. Louis.  (BTW Steve, if you need a good lawyer,
let me know.  My Aunt is a lawyer in St.L, and lives not far from campus)

On a totally unrelated subject, I was very surprised Sunday night when I
pulled a speaker out of my '65.  I took it inside and hooked it up to the
stereo, and it worked!!  Amazing that something 33 years old, stereo
related, still works.  I don't know about the radio, though, because it
isn't in there.  I might hook up the AM radio in the '64 sometime and see
if it works.  Got me wondering- does anybody still have the original radio
in their Scout/pickup?  Does it work??

On another unrelated note, when I got this last parts Scout, I also got
the front body panel for a Scout II.  It is the panel that the grille and
headlight attach to.  If anyone needs it, let me know.  It is in very good
condition, no dents or dings if I remember right.  And if anyone needs a
top for an 800, let me know.  I will be selling the top that is currently
on my 800, as soon as I put the new top on.

Dan Felix
1966 Scout 800 - running
1965 Scout 80 - sitting on a pallet; no axles, engine, tranny, T/C
1964 Scout 80 - rolling