Insulation in Scout II travel top...

>Also,  Someone told me that a 4x8' sheet of 1/4" masonite fits
>perfect in the roof of a travel top.  Then you cover it with 3m
>spary adhesive and felt, and your in business.  Any truth?
Joel,
Yes. I am using a sheet of 4X8 "Marlite" shower board as my head
liner.(I wanted it water proof in case I got in over my head ;~) I used
what was left of the origional one as a template. Then used a whole
quart of carpet adheasive to glue some indoor/outdoor poly olefin carpet
to the back side of it. I then let it dry for 2 weeks.
Been using it for about 2 years and still looks like new. You could use
just the Marlite as it's available in colors, however I wanted the sound
deadening affect of the carpet. Also I figured the carpet would take a
lot of abuse. Not I've got carpet on the roof and rubber mats on the
floor, go figer.

--
Tom Reed	treed@domain.elided
The Data Center - Database Software Development