RE:Tranny Vibration

>Hello Again,
>
>Thanks to everyone who responded about my vibration problem.  It is
>definitely a flywheel or clutch issue, as the problem occurs with the
clutch
>engaged or disengaged, standing still or moving, and varies only with the
>RPM of the engine.<snip>

Based on this new info, I'm gonna guess misalignment of the clutch driven
plate on the tranny input shaft, possibly combined with lack of complete
throwout bearing release. If the shop couldn't figure out how to open the
hood, what're the odds they know how to use a clutch alignment tool?
Normally I'd expect it to go away with the clutch depressed, but if the
clutch forks aren't set right the t/o bearing won't completely release the
clutch allowing the driven plate to spin. Does the truck want to creep in
gear with the cluch out?

Jim