leave Tom alone, D44, 6.2D hydropower brakes

>Spencer Lewis sobs:
>"tom,
>
>instead of dreaming of things that will never come about and wasting band
>width,.........why dont you go get a repair kit and learn to plug your
>tires................"

D'oh....   Leave Tom alone I like his band width wastefulness, it keeps me
entertained, plus, the best Ideas come from brain storming, keep it up
Tom!;)

>From: Arlen Odegard <aczcdi@domain.elided>
>Subject: Dana 30-44?
>
>The front differential housing
>has the passenger side spring mount cast into the housing attached with
>2 different sized u bolts.  I am not sure by looking at the diff cover
>if it is a 44 or 30.  What is it?
>
>Arlen Odegard
>71 Power Wagon W200 Crewcab
>70? 800A

Definately a 44 the 30s wern't cut for the spring perch!

>Hydraulic Brake Booster & GM 6.2L diesel

I'm pretty sure they used the hydraulic setup for diesels 'cause of the
drawbacks on vaccum with the diesel engine.  Dont quote me, but it makes
sense, I wouldn't think it was a space issue, it would have been cheaper
for GM to over come the space limitation and use the regular vacuum booster
if possible.  My freind just converted his 1-ton dump from 6.2 diesel to
350 gas, kept the hydro brakes.  You need the special combo power
steering/brake booster hydraulic pump or some other means of getting
hydraulic pressure.

  	Thanks to everyone for help with my questions the other day, What
happened to Steve S, haven't heard from him yet, I thought for sure he was
the guy who was running the Malllory dist from Summit!
Layda
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20