Air compressors, more A/C, and Brake Booster

     Tom,

     The Hummer has an offset hub, meaning that the drive-shaft comes into a
geared hub and the wheel bearing is some distance below it.  The CTIS air hose
comes in the back of the geared hub, and directly throught the ENTIRE spindle
assembly.  The rotating couplings spin all day all night, etc., as long as the
wheel spins.  To replace it on a scout, you would either have to install an ARB
locker air assembly, and drill a hole through the entire axle shaft, then make a
coupling for the knuckle U-joint, then drill a hole through the center of the
stub shaft, out through the locking hub, then place the hose out to your vavle
stem.  Basically your 'steam engine crank style air hose' sounds like the best
bet.  The Hummer CTIS/driveline is very complicated, as CTIS is one option that
cannot be added to a non-CTIS truck.

     Keep on thinking though, I guess that's how airplanes got invented.

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.