David Nedved's tranny vibrations

Yes you do get what you pay for!
When I bought my 77ssii it had been abused by one of the local garages.
Right after the previous owner had the clutch replaced, the shop went
out of business. No Wonder! Here's what they did:
Dropped the transmission
--cracked the case causing a oil leak.
--broke off the sleeve which the throw-out bearing assembly slides on.
   This started rattling around the input shaft at certain speeds.
DID NOT PUT IN THE PILOT BEARING
--caused various vibrations at different speeds

I bought the truck, and swapped in a t-19 wide. The truck runs and
drives fine now.

Get a good light, pull the flywheel cover off, and look inside. Get a
helper, chock the wheel, and look inside while the motor is running. Get
your helper to speed the motor up to the rpms the vibration occurs at.
Maybe you can see whats going on.

Later,

Mark Prescott
77ssii and a lot of other stuff