Re: Stuck Hub

"Michael Stenstrom" <stenmnr@domain.elided> scribbled in the sand:

>  My shop manual shows the spring-loaded hubs having two sets of springs.
>The first set of four springs from the outside plate to the clutch body.
>These push the hub on to the axel hub.  The manual shows another set of
>springs on the other side of the clutch ring.  If the book is correct, then
>I'm missing these springs on both sides.

My 1976 Traveler with manual locking hubs only have four springs per hub the
same as yours.  You'll find the IH shop manual pictures are not always exactly
correct for your particular model or part.  Remember that IH made or bought
many many various revisions of parts.  Including pictures of every variation
would have been a big task.

Best regards,

John
jlandry@domain.elided             |
Conservative Libertarian        |  Scout(R) the America others pass by
Life Member of the NRA          | in the Scout Traveler escape-machine.
WA Arms Collectors              |
Commercial Helicopter - Inst.   |  1976 Scout Traveler "Patriot" model
http://www.halcyon.com/jlandry/ |   V345A, 727, 3.54, MSD, Edelbrock