Stuck Hub

IH All,
  Just a follow up to my earlier post. Thanks to Howard for his REALLY FAST
response!  The right hub made a loud growl when I unlocked it after some
mild four wheeling.  Locking the other hub cured the growl.  Just finished
tearing down both hubs.  When I lifted both wheels and unlocked both hubs,
moving either wheel turned the shaft.  I have the spring-loaded manual
locking hubs.
  When I pulled the cap and clutch assy off, the problem was pretty clear.
While my shop manual says "a thin coat of lithium grease", the DPO's lube
shop had never read "the book".  It took an hour to clean each hub down to
a light coat.  There was over a cup of grease in each hub.  (YES, as a
matter of fact I DID measure it ;~)  The seals were enough that when I
tried to free the hub, the grease had no where to go and prevented the
clutch hub from retracting off the axel hub splines. Things seem to be
working right now.  I do have an identification question for all.
  My shop manual shows the spring-loaded hubs having two sets of springs.
The first set of four springs from the outside plate to the clutch body.
These push the hub on to the axel hub.  The manual shows another set of
springs on the other side of the clutch ring.  If the book is correct, then
I'm missing these springs on both sides.  There also does not appear to be
anywhere for them to mount.  I did look through the grease and the hub to
make sure they had not snapped and stuck inside.  Nothing hiding in there.
If anybody has a set of spring loaded manual hubs on their bench I sure
would appreciate a reply.

					TIA
						Mike
Mike, Rita, and Megan Stenstrom
stenmnr@domain.elided (home)
stenstm@domain.elided (work)
UNIX and LSD... the two most popular things to come out of  Berkeley.
I don't think it's a coincidence!" - Anonymous