Speedo cable

Howdy,

   Well the old Binder got me through the great ice storm of '98-(we lost
power for 13 days), but in the process of traveling those *&%$%&$&^ icy
roads, I busted my spedometer cable!  I drive a 74, 100 stepside with a 304
and 4 speed, 4 wd.  Can anyone tell me how I proceed to fix this one, where
to look etc?  I don't have a shop manual (I keep meaning to pick one up but
$75 buys a lot of keroseine for the emergency heater!)  Thanks in advance.
     By the way, if you folks have seen what we have been going through on
the news.....don't believe it......it is much WORSE than they are saying!

      from the frozen wasteland,

Seabinder