Atlas

>Dennis and Howard,
>
>Thank you both for the info regarding the value of my model!  I can't remember
>what I paid for it but, at the wages I was making in high school, it couldn't
>have been much!  Should have bought them all,huh?  :)
>
>Guess what else I found?  An original "International Scout Four-Wheel-Drive
>North American Travel Guide," 1979 edition prepared by Rand McNally.  Lots of
>Scout pictures along with helpful tips and maps of the US.  I guess that I was
>into Scouts long before I knew anything about them!
>
>...wonder if I ever had an IH pacifier....
>
>I'm going to keep digging.  I'm going through stuff that was in my
>Grandparents' basement (I bought their house when they passed away) that I
>never knew existed!  Better check the garage to see if someone left a Scout
>there, huh?
>
>Anyway, thanks again!
>

>Gary
Gary,
Maybe because I'm a grandpa and getting sentimental, I liked your post a
lot. When I bought my 78 SSII in 1979, I also got the atlas you describe.
Unfortunately, I kept it in the Scout and like everything else it got wet a
number of times. That Scout was a beauty. There's a pretty good picture of
it in the ihvehicles section of my web page. I think you'd like it. The
only Scout relics that I have except for my Scout are a couple of "Scout,
anything else is just a car" stickers and my service manual. I had a belt
buckle and some other stuff that had little value to me then, but I wish I
had now.
Keep on Scouting boy!
John

John Hofstetter, who nets at   http://www.goldrush.com/~hofs
PROBABLY MORE TO REMEMBER THAN EVER REALLY HAPPENED
Owner of 79 Scout Terra  with 8000 lb. Warn Winch,
Detroit Locker in rear and LS in front,
 4" Trailmaster lift    Holley E F I  Mallory Unilite Dist.   MSD ignition
Too darn long and too darn wide  to always go where I ask it to go.
NRA, Life Member   Calif. Rifle and Pistol Assn.
Blue Ribbon Coalition              Friends of Death Valley
Sierra Macintosh Users Group     MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Association of California School Administrators,  Life Member