RE: Spedo Recalbrating

>I tryied to post this once but I didn't see it pop up so....
>
>How would I go about recalbrating my spedo?  Is there a place you take it
>or can you do it yourself?  If I went from 235-15's to 33-15's what would
>be invloved?
>
>thanks for any info,
>Luke

IH used a bunch of different off the shelf speedo gearboxes to make the
speedo read right on stock trucks 'cause of the wide variety of tire/wheel
sizes available in a given series. The parts manuals show the correct unit
to use for the entire range of available tires/wheels, and IIRC show the
ratio of the converter. With a little interpolation of those wacky
'obsolete' tire sizes you can figger out which converter you need.

JIm