Tires

133  Density of snow

>Tom,
>
>Look at a Sno-Cat.  They use a footprint of about 40 sq ft to float on
>snow.  The tires for the Scout would be amazing.  Maybe use  the tundra
>tires that Goodyear developed for the Alaskan pipeline job.  They're 10 ft
>diameter and run at low pressure.  Kept them from tearing up the Tundra
>as much.
>
>Steve
>

>- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boy, could I tell you some stories about tundra tires and the Alaska
tundra. Those stories tie in with the helicopter story I have to tell John
L. one of these days.  Nothing to do with either of those subjects but, I
took my Travelall into the IH dealer in Anchorage during the height of the
oil boom, couldn't get any warranty service (my vehicle would still run)
because of their obligations on the North Slope, except lube and oil change
by a high school kid. Cost me something like $125 in 1972.
John

John Hofstetter, who nets at   http://www.goldrush.com/~hofs
PROBABLY MORE TO REMEMBER THAN EVER REALLY HAPPENED
Owner of 79 Scout Terra  with 8000 lb. Warn Winch,
Detroit Locker in rear and LS in front,
 4" Trailmaster lift    Holley E F I  Mallory Unilite Dist.   MSD ignition
Too darn long and too darn wide  to always go where I ask it to go.
NRA, Life Member   Calif. Rifle and Pistol Assn.
Blue Ribbon Coalition              Friends of Death Valley
Sierra Macintosh Users Group     MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Association of California School Administrators,  Life Member