Re: Air Conditioning Question

On Wed, 21 Jan 1998, Kevin J De Vries wrote:

>      I was wondering if anybody cold help me with a little problem.  I
> am currently stripping my '78 Scout that was rear ended last summer
> and I am parting it out(HINT: I'VE GOT PARTS FOR SALE).  I am now
> going to disconnect the air compressor, but I don't want to lose any
> of the freon so I can save the Ozone layer and reuse it for
> latter(MAYBE).

The only ozone hole you need to worry about is the one that's apparently
over Washington DC (or is it the Potomac water, I keep forgetting).  The
alleged problem with the "other" ozone hole is a bunch of new-age
econazi government-power-grab pseudoscience, helped along by the Freon
patent holder whose patent was about to expire.  Don't take my word for
it, do a little research and see for yourself.  Anyhow, just don't tell
the world how you got that freon out of there, and we'll assume you took
it to a licensed AC shop and got it sucked out for recycling. :)

Daniel Youngquist | INTERNET MEMORY EXCHANGE |     HOMESTEAD PRODUCTS
tel: 541-688-9263 | Memory & Memory Adapters | Grain Mills, Water Filters
fax: 541-688-9775 |  www.teleport.com/~dany  | www.teleport.com/~dany/mill
dany@domain.elided | * VISA * MasterCard * Great Prices * NO SALES TAX! *
"'Necessity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.  It is
the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt, 1783