Locked Hub

IH all,
   Went up to Mt. Baker over the MLK day off.  Got to the snow-line, locked
the front hubs and had some fun in the snow.  Everything worked well untill
we got back to dry pavement.  I pulled over and unlocked both hubs, then
grumbled down the road (in 2WH on the 4X stick) for about three miles.
Then a growl started in the right front wheel. It sounded like a flat or a
REAL bad fender rub.  I pulled over again and re-checked that the hubs were
in "FREE"; they were.  Locked both again, still in 2WH and the growl was
gone.  The Scout handled fine, no high temps, no overheated wheels.  I'm
driving it with the front hubs locked.  I'm guessing the right hub is
frozen in the locked position.
   I've got a '74 II, 345, dana 20 diff, MANUAL Hubs, 3-spd tranny, and the
4X stick has (from the bottom) 4WH, 2WH, N, 4WL.  When I rotate the
selector on the hub, I can feel it drop into lock or free on both hubs.
   A tear-down of the front hubs is in order.  I've got the shop manual and
the proceedure looks pretty simple.  Here's the questions:
	1.  What should I look for during the tear down?
	2.  What is the most likely cause of this problem?
	3.  Any parts I should have on hand before starting the job?  Stuff that
needs replacing anyway?
	4.  What's the best type of grease to use in the wheel bearings and hub?

ANY comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Please send any
comments to both e-mails in my (and blissfully short) tagline.

				Thanks again,
					Mike

DP1 Michael P. Stenstrom
SIMA Everett