Stuck with a truck for the duration

I thought y'all might enjoy this...I drug home a '38 D-2 pickup a few weeks
ago, and got a little of the story behind it. As recovered(by another
fellow), is was sitting running board and bed floor deep in dirt, with 4
hunks of rubber on the wheels that might charitably be desribed as tires.
All the original hubcaps in place, spare still on the sideount, 80something
thou on the odo. Turns out the original owner of the ranch had gotten
'stuck' with the truck for the duration of WWII. Waited a little too long
to buy a new K series, and had to drive the D until '48 when he could
finally get a KB! When the new KB came home, the D went out in the field
and stayed there. They'd been plowing around it for almost 50
years...Needless to say it's a bit rusty;)...

Jim