Re: ihc-digest V5 #131

<<From: Dirtball@domain.elided (Paul Brakefield)
Subject: Speedo Cable Needed
Anybody got a source for the speedo cable on a 72 Scout II?  Mine appears
to go straight from the transfer to the back of the speedo.  Is there a

I went to a local parts store for mine which is attached the same as yours.
If a speedo cable can be found for a truck 10 years older than yours, I would
think it would be no problem.  What I did find however is I had to pack the
cable with grease (much more than came with it) to eliminate rattle from
within the cable and take all bends very gradually to eliminate speedo bounce.
I used a white synthetic multipurpose grease and have bounce only at speeds
under 15 mph (and then who cares?)

Good Hunting,

Steve
Steve Mallinson