Fish carb

> Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 12:41:17 -0600 (CST)
> From: Steve Stegmann <stegmann@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: ihc-digest V5 #122
>
> Scouters,
>
> Sorry I seem to be peranently behind in reading my digests.  When I
> brought up the Fish carburetor I was using it as an example of how
> gullible people are.
>
> Ther is no such thing as a carb or efi that will get you 100 mpg on an
> auto or truck, in any sort of normal driving.  .  The Fish carb is a urban legend with no shred of truth behind it.
> See my diatribe on electric cars a few days ago.  Read the Mobil economy
> run stuff closely.  It too was just a game.
>
> The Fish carb or some other name used to be periodically reported in the
> news media and hailed as a breakthrough.  You would never hear more than
> the first report as somebody would usually call up an tell them they were
> being had.
>
> Nobody ever seems to make this call in the case of battery powered
> vehicles.  People really take it serioiusly.  Mostly in southern
> California, which seems to be a land of no hard thinking.  You never hear
> about this stuff from Minnesota.  Does the harsh winter bring reality
> into focus or something.
>
> Batt powered vehicles do exist, they're fork trucks in factories and
> stores.  They're a pain in the butt, can't climb even the slightest grade,
> run down before the shift is over, but... they don't stink up the store
> with exhaust fumes.
>
> If you want to have some fun call your local bleeding heart TV station or
> newspaper and announce that you have the thing.  Use a different name,
> some old fart may remember the name.  Come up with some silly looking test
> data, etc.  Then when they get there tell them it has been sold and you
> can't talk about it.  Then make a comment "off the record"  about the oil
> companies buying it.  50-50 they'll bite.  They have no idea what's
> reasonable.

Steve-
	Steve, thats exactly what the oil companies want you to belive. The oil
companies are probably the richest, most powerful organizations on the earth. Do you
think they they would let that kind of info get out? I have done extensive research on
this subject. Unfortunaty, I have niether the time nor the money to experiment myself.

	Steve, I  would love to hear how "The laws of physics preclude it".  If you were
to ask an engineer, professor, or some other "expert" About this, he would deffinetly
agree with you. All of us (including thoes of us educated it these subjucts) have been
brainwashed to belive that better mpg is physicly immpossible. The "expert's"
explination would go somthing like this: only 10% of the energy from combustion gets to
the wheels, the vast majority is lost as waste heat through the radiator. They would
then point to the second law of thermodynamics, and the heat engine efficency equation.
Of course, all of that is true. But, is not what super carberators are all about.  What
I just said is widly known. What you never hear about though, is that the vast majority
of the chemical energy in gasoline is not released in combustion- it dosent even have
the chance to get lost as waste  heat. It simply gets dumped out the exaust pipe. If You
have trouble beliving this, just look at all that detroit has done to try to cut
emmisions. smog pumps, egr valves,and catalitctic converters are all attempts to re-burn
exaust gasses. catalitic converters get very hot, this could not be so if there were not
sufficent energy in the exaust to heat them. please think about this. I would love to
continue conversation on this subject.

	-Grant McDowell