Lift kit pricing... T'all rear shocks...

     Not that it's all that important, but I was flipping through an
     issue of 4wd&suv from last august, (The one on Arizona trails
     including chiva falls area), and there was a Cepek ad for the
     Superlift kit.  It said $529 with shocks!  I thought this was an
     amazing deal, depending on what you think of Superlift.

        Speaking of shocks it appears that the shocks mounted by the
     previous owner in the back of my T'all are not long enough.  When I
     jacked it up to measure for an add-a-leaf, I noticed that at full
     droop, the shocks are bound, and that when removing the shocks, I
     actually have to jack up the axle some, from full droop.  Is this
     right?  I'll look for a number, on the shock.  I think they're
     Monroes.  I've also noticed that when I hit small river ruts (6"
     deep) at any faster than about 15 or 20, the rear end sounds like
     it's hammering something.  Could it be fully extending the shock as
     the wheel drops into the ruts?

        Thanks and lemme know,

     -Joel Brodsky

         '76 IHC Scout II 345/tf727
         '75 IHC Travelall 150 4wd 392/tf727
         '72 Chev Carryall 3dr 4wd 350/th350 sold, but not forgotten.