#-Ply vs. Radial Tires & Handling

Hi All,

 My '58 A-102 has a tendancy to easily get pulled side to side while cruising
down the road, especially if the road is uneven at all.   The difficult
handling is, of couse, compounded by the manual steering.   My uncle
suggested I invest in some good radial tires - that these will handle the
road A LOT better than the ply tires I currently have - 4ply in the front,
6ply in the rear. (Left over from Grandpa - who only ever drove it around his
farm - into town only on occasion)

Anyway, I wanted opinions before I invest the money. (I'm on a tight budget,
you know)   The ply tires on it now are in good shape.. but the handling
isn't all that great.   Will radials really improve it $That much?

Thanks - Jeffrey :-)
'58 A-102 Grandpa's Farm Truck

PS - After a few helpful hints from list members and changing the oil.. it
looks as if I don't have any coolant leaks into the crankcase... just a
little water from condensation.   The engine flush seems to have really
cleaned it out.  Thanks all for the help!