Re: ihc-digest V5 #123

Ah, no.......
Possibly he used the GM "pancake" compressor.
The York style (piston) and the GM axial (long cylinder) put out a helluva lot
more than a 12V compressor.
Technically, the freon compressors do need the lubrication qualities of freon,
but for compressor use, don't sweat it. Newer refrigerants don't have the
librication qualities and the new compressors are designed accordingly, but
you'll pay $$$$$ for those type and you don't need it.
You won't be running it non-stop to and from work as if it was being used for
AC. If you blow one up, big deal, go to the junk yard and find another one.
$25-$45
But I doubt you will unless you're running it heavily at your shop. And if
you're doing that, it'd be cheaper to buy a 220v shop compressor than pay for
all that gas you burn in your IHC V-8!

Owen Minor
Tacoma,WA

--
And for you automated email spammers out there,
here's the email addresses of the current board of

Chairman Reed Hundt: rhundt@domain.elided
Commissioner James Quello: jquello@domain.elided
Commissioner Susan Ness: sness@domain.elided
Commissioner Rachelle Chong: rchong@domain.elided

And let's help you send some spam to the USPS, too:
customer@domain.elided