RE: Lube for air compressors

Dan,
I saw a write up of this out on the www somewhere where the guy
installed a oil seperator inline after the discharge from the a/c pump.
On the bottom of the seperator,he cracked open the drain cock slightly,
so he would get a little bleed through.  Then he ran a tube back to the
intake filter (drilled a small hole the size of the tubing in the center
of the airfilter, I think the filter was from a lawn mower, and fed the
tube through so the oil would not soak the filter) of the compressor.
He had a check valve after the oil seperator, so this would not bleed
down the resoirvoir.  This way any oil in the system would be removed
before it got to the tank,  and that oil would then be fed back to the
compressor inlet to lube it.  This also had the effect of acting as an
unloader valve for the system.  I thought it was a slick idea, but I am
sorry to say I didn't think of it myself.  Oh well.

I hope this helps

Epp
74 Scout II
76 Terra
78 Traveler (parts is parts)
75 Travelall (parts for sale or whole thing)
75 Travelall another one (parts for sale or whole thing)
Member ScouTenn
"The end does not justify the means"