Hand Throttles

Just got back from NAPA.. They had two different LOCKING "controls".. a
9' and a 5'.. the 5' was $1 more.

According to my receipt, the 9' was $21.49, but I got it for $14.65 (tag
on the wall was $17.95.. I guess it helps that I visit NAPA too much, and
I'm friends with the owner's son.. heh)

It's a 9' "choke" cable with a T on the end.. twist to lock.  Based on my
limited testing in the house, once you lock it, it doesn't move (out or
in).. John Landry said he got around this by using a beaded-chain (think
of your key ring) and used it to bridge between the "choke cable" and the
throttle linkage.. in this manner, he's able to set a *minimum* throttle,
yet still hit the gas if he wants to.. kinda like a cruise control.

NAPA Part # 731-1104
(5 was the 5' part I think.. or 1103)

Anyhow.. thought I'd let everyone know.

I'm off to the garage to install my hand throttle, and my new
thermostat.. mebbe that'll get me back to leg-blistering heat again!  I
also have a new flexi-muffler hanger.. which might just be that clunk I
was hunting down this summer.. driveshaft has marks where the muffler's
rubbed it..

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72 and '77 Scout II