Confer, 800 door locks and tailgate, thought for Tom

Confer no longer lists their lift shackles for IH vehicles, I think that
you could do some comparative measuring and order a set for a vehicle with
similar width springs. I used early CJ shackles on the 800, I did have to
do some mild grinding though because of the inner sleeve in the spring
bushing, now that the 800 has Jeep springs and bushings the shackles act
like they were made for it, which they were. The numbers are: 213 849
1800/818 848 2025/818 848 6993/ and 818 848 2230. Fax is 818 848 1011.

I think 800 doors lock from the inside by pushing the release latch forward
(I think), rather than pulling back to release the latch.

Pretty sure that Dennis at "The Scoutmaster" in Santa Fe NM has a tailgate
or two that he could sell you, try him at: 505 474 0253

Tom, I installed a windjammer in Sarah's 800 to reduce the volume that
needs to be heated, you might re-install yours and see if that helps while
the temperatures are way down. Might help since your heater seems to be
working some.