Remote starter solenoid

>I would like to go with the remote starter selenoid as you mention in
>your harness notes.  Do I keep the existing motor-mounted bendix-
>integrated selenoid?  Do I disable the electrical contactors inside
>the plastic bendix endcap?  How do I ensure the bendix is engaged
>before the starter motor spins?  All comments invited!

Mark,
	I'm a little confused with your question, but you have to keep the
bendix drive on the starter since that is what actually engages the
starter.  The new solenoid simply sends full battery power to the starter
via the "thick" (2 ga. I think) cable.  I'm not sure how to explain this
and maybe someone else can help, but with my '77, sometimes the starter
wouldn't work with the key so I'd throw her in neutral, engage the E-brake,
turn the ignition on, get out, reach under the wheel well, and short the
main cable to the solenoid with my leatherman.  What I'm trying to say is,
both posts need power.  One to turn the motor and one to engage it.  There
is more info on this mod in the FAQ, www.binderbulletin.com/faq.  The
solenoid is the "switch" which makes the connection between the battery
juice and the starter.
	Hope this helps.  John H. might have a more insightful view or at
least be able to put it into better terms.
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20