Re: test for coolant

Jeff
About 15 years ago when my 64 C1100 still had its original 266 I had the
same symptoms as you. It had a creamy white substance in the filler cap
and the valve covers. I added a pcv valve and it was a little better,
but still not gone. The motor only had 90,000 miles on it and was in
excellent shape. Not until I pulled it and dropped in a 75 392 did it go
away. I wouldn't really worry about it, those old engines just didn't
have as efficient crankcase ventilation setups as the modern ones. The
one time I saw a motor with water in the oil it was pretty obvious
something was wrong. The oil was gray on the dipstick.

Nick