custom wiring to my 78 Scout II

>Subject: custom wiring to my 78 Scout II
>
>I'm in the planing and dismantling stage of my restauration for my Scout
>II.
>The oiginal wiring has shortcircuited and cought fire so i'm planning to
>change the
>electrical system to Painless Wiring or Chentech . Have any of you out
>there any
>expirence with any of these wiring systems.
>
>Hans Chr Aasenden
>Norway

Howdy  Hans,
	I havent tried any of the aftermarket wiring harnesses, but I have
custom built the harnesses from the fire wall out.  I used seven conductor
trailer cable, laid it on paper with my trusty IH wiring diagrams and went
nutz with the soldering iron and a continuity tester (ohmmeter).  No
problems since.  With the engine harness, seriously consider the addition
of a remote starter solenoid.  If you go with Painless or someone like that,
 that a close look at using a F*%d  fornt harness, it already has the set
up for the remote soleniod.  No matter what you decide, and especially if
you decide on Painless, I'd like to see you share your results on the
digest.  Wiring is usually a big cause of distress amungst most IH (Scout
or Pickup) restorers.
Thanx,
Layda,
Tark '77 Terra 345/T19/D20